A news blog for Seattle's Phinney Ridge and Greenwood neighborhoods

 

Fire at Jensen’s Smokehouse yesterday ruled accidental

January 3rd, 2013 by Doree

Seattle Fire Department investigators have determined that yesterday’s fire at Jensen’s Smokehouse, at 10520 Greenwood Ave. N., was accidental.

From SFD’s Fire Line:

The fire was caused by creosote buildup in ductwork which most likely was ignited by an operating generator and convection oven.

At 12:04 p.m. on Wednesday January 2, 2013, the first 911 call came in reporting a fire at a 2-story business located at 10500 block of Greenwood Avenue North. Northgate Ladder Company 5 arrived first to find smoke coming from the rear of the structure. The firefighters quickly extinguished the flames in the outside generator. The flames traveled through the building’s ductwork. It took just over a half-an-hour to completely knock down the fire.

The damage was limited to the ductwork and the roof of the building. The damage estimate is $40,000 to the structure and $10,000 to the contents.

There were no injuries.

CommentsTags: ,