Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Is this forum working now?

(10 posts)

No tags yet.

1. RichY

RichY

I have tried posting - but they do not show up.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doree
    Key Master

Yes, the Forum should be working now. If you're already registered, then you can post immediately. If you've just registered, then I have to approve all new registrations before the posts show up. And if you've registered in the last month or so, that registration was probably deleted when we did our massive clean-up of the forum last week (tens of thousands of spam users), so you'll need to register again.

Please let us know if you have any more problems, by emailing us at tips@phinneywood.com.

Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. RichY

RichY

Thanks

Seems to showing my posts now - and edits are working

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doree
    Key Master

I just realized my previous post is not quite accurate. According to our administrators, we're not going to allow new registrations for a little while, hoping it puts off the spammers. So, if you're already registered, you can post. Otherwise, if you haven't registered, you can't register right now. I'll be sure and let everyone know when that changes.

Thanks - Doree

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dfh

I'm just posting to see if it shows now, I was marked as spam during the clean up and some of my posts got deleted.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Neighbor

Neighbor

Uh oh. Looks like the spammers are back, with their replica jerseys in tow.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doree
    Key Master

There are still a few spammers that get through, because they registered back when registration was open to all, without any prior moderation. I block them and delete them as I see them. When we do open Forum registration again, every new user will have to be approved by me before posting.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Plum crazy

Plum crazy

Some articles on the front page say they have comments. But when I click on them I just get another page with the same story but no comments. Where do I go to read the comments?

And thanks for cleaning up the spam. What a pain in the neck that must be.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doree
    Key Master

Plum Crazy - That's weird. Comments should show up at the bottom of the story.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. Plum crazy

Plum crazy

I just checked again. It says the Fred Meyer story has 9 comments, but they don't show up.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.