Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Classifieds

Respect your home’s authenticity with faithful and accurate design and remodelin

(12 posts)
  1. grouparch

grouparch

Wonder what type of architectural style your home is? It’s probably not what the sales flyer described it as when you bought it. If you’re considering a remodel or addition to an existing building, Grouparchitect can provide an analysis which tells you not only what style your home is, but also the characteristics of your style, typical details of that era of construction, and other critical aspects if authenticity is important to you. We can also provide insight on historic and landmark structures. Our summary recommendations are provided in an overview / outline format for quick digestion for a small fixed fee. Check out http://www.grouparch.com/profile/architectural-services/initial-assessments for a complete description of this service as well as a number of our other low-cost design services. .

We offer free initial design consultations about your project. Contact us now to see how we can help: http://www.grouparch.com/profile/architectural-services/initial-design-consultation

Grouparchitect designs concise solutions for all sizes of residential and commercial projects. Creating great work requires an ongoing process of dialogue, and our flexible, collaborative team approach results in beautifully designed and well functioning buildings. We listen to what you say because it's your project, and we never forget it.

http://www.grouparch.com

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenwoodcarp

I bet you could BUY advertising on this site rather than advertise for free in the forum. I could say more but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you are buying add space, if so, I will apologize.

...phinney wood citizen.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lets Get Real

Wow - no kidding. How many ads have you posted on this forum. By the way, I know my home's architectural style and its 100-year history and based on the ugly box you have as your photo, I would never hire you! Please, readers, don't let the beautiful character of Phinney homes be turned into eyesores that do not fit in to this vintage neighborhood!

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mommaoftwo

Guys thats a little harsh dont you think? I have seen him actually buy ad space on forums before. Times are touch as well so if there is an option of posting free ads...do you think you should go as far as tell him his pic is ugly? Everyones opinion is unique and someone might own that house on this forum.so please dont let phinneyridge forum turn into an ugly place where we hurl insults. What if he is trying his hardest to stay a float and you slam him like that? I dont know. I know its hard in todays economy to hold a job much less a business so this seems a bit harsh. Dont say anything nice if you dont have something nice to say.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mommaoftwo

dont say anything at all if you dont have something nice to say. tired.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenwoodcarp

A forum is a medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas. An ADVERTISEMENT doesn't belong in the forum unless we are discussing how cheap it is to do such a thing. The PhinneyWood blog needs earn money also. The way they do that is through advertisements.

I would hate to see such a great asset to our community disappear because of lack of funding. I would like to see the PhinneyWood blog thrive.

I didn't say anything mean about his work. I just think he should respect the work of others and pay for what he is getting. He said he will provide insight and recommendations for a fee. Do architects let you make photocopies of their designs so you don't have to pay?

Not only is the person getting something for free, they want to earn money while doing it.

I have not heard back if that business is an advertiser or not. I am waiting to be corrected so I can apologize if necessary. I still think it doesn't belong in a forum.

Forum discussion point:

Should people discuss ideas in the forum or post adds for free on a site that charges for advertising?

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikePhoto

Uh... this is in the "Classifieds" section of the forum. The forum actually has 3 sections, which you can view separately or all together. Default is together. If you don't want to see the classifieds, just read the "Open Forum" or "Reader Recommendations" sections.

(I do with that he would not just repost chunks of his web site, though.)

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. flossy

flossy

Goodness! Do these haters really live in our awesome neighborhood? Down with the retro-grouches!

Listen grouparch, I just want you to know that lots of us really like the diversty of the neighborhood. The old and new coming together is cool. After all, it is 2010.

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Norm

It may be 2010 but that house looks like a Cubist threw-up on someone's lawn.

Granted it is the "Classifieds" but IMHO a business posting essentially the same ad repeatedly is just tacky

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mommaoftwo

hey greenwood carp,
    I wasnt referring to your comment other then the advertising bit...I was referring to the other gentlemen or woman's comment about this "ugly" home. I guess if free ads weren't accepted there wouldnt be a classified section because some forums do not. But we all have our opinions I suppose right? I have seen him advertise though before. Ho hum..time to cook dinner!

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikePhoto

Actually, the photo they used in their avatar doesn't show this structure off at its best. After looking at the full project, including what they started with, I am really liking it! The overall project is MUCH better than the little photo above, and I really like what they did with the floor plan.

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

tiktok

I like the house in the picture, but enough with the spam postings.

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.