Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Burglary on 62nd & 1st

(6 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by davidbro
  • Latest reply from shogasan
  1. davidbro

davidbro

A word to the wise: My home was burglarized on Wednesday afternoon, sometime between the hours of 10 AM and 5PM. They kicked in a back door, grabbed a rollaway suitcase and filled it with small electronics, laptop, ipod, jewelry, etc. All items good for quick pawning. If you can find a way to secure your back doors with extra locks or a cross bar, it's probably wise. And please, let's keep an eye out for each other.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. artman51

artman51

Do you mean 1st NW? Is this related to the people knocking on doors Wednesday? Someone thought a couple of men were selling meat from a small red truck and going door to door.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. davidbro

davidbro

Yes, I did mean 62nd & 1st NW. And we don't think it was related to the meat truck, but there is no way to know for sure.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. artman51

artman51

We are at 6o th and 1st NW and have a block watch group. Keeping an eye out for strangers.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. DudleysPa

DudleysPa

Were your dogs home?

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

shogasan

We had a guy come aroung selling meat and then we got robbed. 87th and 2nd ave NW behind the fred meyer. They crow-barred the back door open. A neighbour thought that something was funny - as there was a champagne colored minivan parked outside the house and a lady with dark hair just sitting in it. The guy was described as part latino part black, short hair, clean-cut looking, business casual dress, 30s to 40s. They got away with our TV and DVD when the neighbour came out of the house and they sped off. When I got home from work I found the computer wrapped in a sheet in the living room and a crow-bar sitting on the coffee table. We now have a security system.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.