Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

New Greenwood Fred Meyer

(10 posts)

No tags yet.

1. User has not uploaded an avatar

djmeatwad

Is it true that the new Greenwood Fred Meyer is to open on February 1st of next year?

If so, I don't know how they're going to accomplish it; when I was by there a couple of days ago it looks to me like they're going to need a lot more than 6 weeks to get up and running. Anyone have any info?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

angeline

No, but to me the whole thing seems to have moved pretty fast. 6 weeks doesn't sound like a crazy opening date.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tiktok

I saw one of the former employees the other day, who's now working at the Ballard FM. She said that March was the targeted date for opening the Greenwood location.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dfh

My husband was walking by about a week ago and saw it looked like they were unloading inventory to stock the shelves.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dfh

Today when I was at Ballard Meyers, I spoke with the woman who used to work at the Greenwood store at the Customer Service counter. She said that it was definitely set to open on Feb 1st. I sure hope so!

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. biophile

biophile

They have put up an "Opening Soon" sign. I don't think it had a date on it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. artman51

artman51

Maybe this huge FM investment will encourage other property owners to make some improvements. Especially the mess on the south side of 85th.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

djmeatwad

I moved my prescriptions back to Fred Meyer late last week - both Fred & Tina there told me that Feb. 1st is the date. Thank goodness - I'm sick of driving my chair all the way to the (crappy) Safeway @ 87th & Greenwood, and Amazon Fresh's selection/inventory are limited.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

djmeatwad

I've no doubt that the new FM will open on Friday - looking forward to it! - but they still haven't taken down the old Greenwood Market sign yet. Wonder if they'll get to that before Friday.

A very minor thing, I know. :)

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tiktok

Today I noticed they're dismantling the old Fred Meyer sign, so I suspect that all the signage will be up to snuff by opening.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.