Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

90th and aurora ave

(7 posts)

No tags yet.

1. User has not uploaded an avatar

questions

Now I know this isn't exactly in phinneywood, but what is the business on Aurora Ave at 90th? It's on the Southeast corner....lots of smokers out front. Doesn't look like a bar though. Thought someone may know...

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. MM

MM

I think that is a AA meeting place, at least it used to be.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lizabeth_rr

Yes, this is where the old Fremont Fellowship now meets. They started in Fremont, moved to Greenwood and are now at 90th & Aurora. It's one of the oldest AA meetings in the city and nearly every recovering alcoholic has been there at one time or another. Lots of smoking yes, but also people trying to change their lives. It's a "rough around the edges meeting" but the only kind some people feel comfortable going to in early sobriety.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Princess Platypus

The Cuban food truck across the street is awesome.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lizabeth_rr

Good to know Princess, I've been wondering about it. Have you been to Paseo on about 42 and Fremont Ave? Amazing Cuban food. I've been trying to replicate their pulled pork sandwiches and am about halfway there!

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kat

The thing with the Fremont Fellowship is a lot of people go there just to get their slips signed. More peopled messed up going in then not. There used to be a cafe next store which seems BUSY but I wonder if they just couldn't take the crowd. I take 90th to get home everyday and there are cops out there quite often.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

OneGuy

Maybe the cops are there to attend the AA meeting...
    :-)

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.