PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Beware Stacias Pizza

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Anonymous
  • Latest reply from markwalt

No tags yet.

1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

If you ever ordered from them they just sold your info off to http://www.fivestars.com/. I received a unsolicited text from fivestars regarding some rewards program that I never signed up for. I ordered pizza once from stacias it was terrible and have never ordered again. I filed a complaint with the AGO but beware. At FiveStars, we respect the privacy of our users. For details please see our Privacy Policy. By using the Service, you consent to our collection and use of personal data as outlined therein

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeb29

Huh? So you work for Fivestars? You posted a link to them and not Stacias and you're quoting Fivestars or you're quoting yourself, I'm not sure. If you have a complaint about Stacias, did you talk to them? Did you order online and was there perhaps something that was checked off (or not checked off) that could have caused this? I'd say it's a fair lesson to beware what you sign yourself up for especially with cell phones and text msging but this post is very confusing.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. biophile

biophile

I'm confused as well. I was also signed up through my cell for Stacia's without my permission, but my experiences of them have always been good. However, I do not appreciate being spammed through my cell phone.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. RichY

RichY

There is some protection from this type of business practice.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/spam-unwanted-text-messages-and-email

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. hydrolagus

hydrolagus

They have been wrestling with a new system for receiving phone orders; I wonder if it's related--automatically tied in with the service perhaps. If so, I wonder if they know that they're the subject of spamming.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. RichY

RichY

Always read the fine print (there are no free lunches)
    One of the worst privacy policy I have read :

http://www.fivestars.com/privacy/

We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information such as when you register for access to the Services, use certain Services, contact us with inquiries or respond to one of our surveys. For example, we collect your name, phone number, email address, third party service login credentials, and the messages you send or receive through the Services.

Also, if you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to the FiveStars Services, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to such services and to monitor your use of such services

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

markwalt

I got an unsolicited text from these guys also concerning Stacia's pizza. I went to their website and expressed my indignation through their "Contact Us" page. This is what I got in response:

Hi Mark,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We never intend to spam our users, but rather alert them they are not able to receive awesome awards from the local FiveStars businesses.

In order to opt out of our texting, please reply "STOP" to the text message. You can also create an account with us on http://www.fivestars.com and adjust your notification settings there.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I'm happy to help! Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best,

Kacy Gaydos
    FiveStars Support Hero

Aside from the marketing-speak of being "alerted of not being able to receive awesome awards," the response was acceptable, included an apology, and I was able to follow their instructions and not get spammed again.

I've never ordered from Stacia's pizza, so far as I can remember. I've had it only once, at a friend's house, and they placed the order. I'll be damned if I know how they got my cell phone number. I can't figure out who must have sold it to them, especially since it's a Bellevue cell number with a 425 area code, so how would they even know I live in Greenwood? The only two businesses in the area where I regularly use my cell phone number is Safeway, when I forget my Safeway Club Card, and the Great Clips, which uses my cell number to remember how I like my hair cut. Other than that, I don't give my cell number out. Could one of these places have sold my number? It's annoying.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

markwalt

Oh, one other thing: The text message I got said text "OFF" as a reply, and that would remove me from the list. But it didn't work, which is why I went to their website. Using the instructions above, and replying "STOP" did give me a texted confirmation that I was removed from their list.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.