Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Car prowls on Palatine--lost green purse

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tweets9

Hi--a warning and a request: The warning: On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, Nov 22/23, a car prowler made his/her way through the 6200 block of Palatine, hitting cars that were parked off-street. We were lucky; losses were minimal. So keep anything valuable out of your car, even if it seems like it's in a safe spot! Apparently dark, windy, rainy nights are great nights for prowling because no one is out and the wind & rain drown out any noises.

The request: Please keep an eye out for a small light green nylon purse that might have been tossed on a sidewalk or garbage can. Fortunately my wallet wasn't in it, but there were other things that are a hassle or a disappointment to replace. If you find it, please mail me at eepsthisyear AT hotmail.com. Thanks!

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

playmoby

I hope you find your purse. I live on Palatine and 117th, and we have had our cars prowled 4 times in the 9 years we have lived here. Unfortunately, Tis the Season for it. Last time they busted our window, they took a coat, hat, and the First aid kit, but left a crumpled dollar bill in the shattered glass. They broke into our neighbors car that same night too, but only ate the reeses peanut butter cups.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.