Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Graffiti

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

OneGuy

There is an empty, for sale, commercial building on the corner of Dayton Avenue N. and 85th St. It is completely covered in huge graffiti, including several instances of "Sid the Kid." (Sid must be a real dimwit to sign his name.) In addition, it has broken windows on the side facing 85th, including one with a bullet hole. Next door to it on 85th is another building (519) with a tag on the north side, and 511 N. 85th also has a tag. Looks like the morons were out entertaining themselves with their spray cans.

I know the City of Seattle has a form for reporting graffiti, but they stupidly require you to put in your own name and phone number, which I refuse to do because governmental agencies are incapable of protecting personal information as we have seen on many occasions.

Amybody know a set of parents with a kid named Sid?

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Joe

I just reported it. Thanks for calling attention to it. We have to be on top of stuff like that, especially with so many vacant businesses in Greenwood.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Al

I reported some graffiti on city property last year on the form, and I got a call back three days later to verify "it still exists." I asked if maybe they had sent someone out to paint it over and she said no, but maybe someone else already painted it over. She wanted me to go by on my way home from work to see if it was still there. Wouldn't it just be easier to send someone out with a bucket of paint? Or maybe have a policeman do a quick verify as he was driving by?

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.