Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Seattle Night Out - August 2nd 2011

(5 posts)
  1. seans5

seans5

Hey Neighbors,

My wife and I are curious, because we have seen no postings: is Phinney-Greenwood planning anything for this? I would love to get out into the neighborhood with all of you.

Any block parties?

Check out Seattle.gov website:

http://www.facebook.com/SeattleNightOut

Let me know,

Best,

Sean

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

any old who

There are a few out there. Check out GAIN and GAIN North for more information.
    http://www.gainseattle.com/

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZoeDog

Sean,

In years past, there have been many parties around the neighborhood on Night Out. Some are registered, some are not. If other blocks are like ours, you won't see posts because we have direct contact with our neighbors (email and/or flyers). There's likely more parties going on that you'll see listed on various Web sites because not everyone registers their block party (this is the first year that our was registered).

If there's not a party on your block, it's not that difficult to organize one. In fact, it's one of the easiest parties you'll ever throw.

If your block isn't having a party, take a stroll around the neighborhood. My bet is that you'll see a lot. If you're not so great at sniffing out a party, head over to the 500 block of N. 71st Street and you'll find the greatest group of neighbors in the neighborhood.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. seans5

seans5

Hi ZoeDog -

Thank you for this information, we look forward to getting to know all of those around us more in the coming weeks.

Best,

Sean

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christy

Our block also doesn't put up flyers, but we do have a Yahoo group and everyone gets an email. New people on the block get a flyer in their mailbox. This all started not through the city or GAIN, but just through a few neighbors wanting to communicate better after a bunch of break ins (thus the Yahoo group) and get to know each other more.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.