PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Possible mail theft - 9000 block of Phinney

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by slipperyp
  • Latest reply from evandbrown

Tags:

1. slipperyp

slipperyp

I had a package carried by UPS that indicates it was delivered to my front step on the 9000 block of Phinney on 1/30 but it never arrived. I know there has been past mail theft in the area and thought I'd mention this here in case others have had similar experiences in this area or elsewhere. Our block recently replaced many of the individual mailboxes with a community keyed lockbox for situations like this :(

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. artman51

artman51

We have been hearing about mail theft in that area for years. Are there some halfway houses for ex-cons in that neighborhood? You do see some dirty-scroungy people wandering around that part of Greenwood.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

calculi

Over on 73rd st, we've had UPS deliver our neighbors packages to us (including this week). I walk them over once I get home but I wonder how common this is. The packages were correctly labeled but delivered a house off.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeb29

There's a halfway house north of that, just north of 105th on Phinney. I had seen some "interesting" looking people around the area and finally connected one of them to the house. I checked the tax records of the house (something crazy like 7 bedroom, 1 bath) and the address and sure enough, it is a halfway house. You'd think the neighbors would be notified or at least aware it existed.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. slipperyp

slipperyp

Hmm...I don't think that residency at a halfway house is like being a convicted sex offender where people need to be notified. I understand and agree with the sentiment and I'm aware of the place you mention, though, Jeb29. IIRC, there was a mail theft ring that was broken up within the past couple years and my recollection is that it was a residence in the area of where I am and where you mentioned, but I'm not certain exactly where. My neighbors installed the community lockbox in response to things just like this.

Calculi's story about UPS delivering to the wrong address is certainly possible, too. I once came home to four packages for four addresses (one was mine, the other 3 were for different neighbors within a couple blocks). I just delivered them to the stated addresses, but in hindsight I now realize it's important to let UPS know their drivers left packages at the wrong destinations. Anyway - I had a surprisingly good story here where I got in touch with the shipper about this, they agreed to send me a replacement, and I already got it - so all's well that ends well, maybe?

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. SunsetSu

SunsetSu

I put out some mail for my mailman a week ago, 700 block of N. 82nd St. and it was stolen before he could pick it up. They took a deposit envelope with a check. Another neighbor on my block had the same problem recently. Now I take my mail directly to the post office.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. SunsetSu

SunsetSu

I put out some mail for my mailman a week ago, 700 block of N. 82nd St. and it was stolen before he could pick it up. They took a deposit envelope with a check. Another neighbor on my block had the same problem recently. Now I take my mail directly to the post office.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

evandbrown

We had two significant package thefts last week on the 700 block of 84th St (84th and Fremont Ave):

* On Mon Feb 11 between 4a-6a, 4 bags of groceries (~$100, from Amazon Fresh) were taken from our front porch after delivery. Amazon confirmed delivery, and that the truck did in fact stop in front of our house.

* On Thurs Feb 14, two packages were delivered to our front porch at 2:30p. Only the large, heavy package was there when we got home at 5.

Both thefts were via different delivery services, so can't attribute it to a bad FedEx driver.

Our next door neighbor's Subaru was also lifted a few weeks ago. I'm installing a camera :-\

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.