Register or log in to post

PhinneyWood Forum » Open Forum

Magazine Ripoff

(6 posts)

Tags:

1. MonkeyPilot

MonkeyPilot

I just had a rather enthusiastic man come to my door, offering magazine subscriptions through a service called "klmnreaders.com" with nothing but some sketchy photocopies as his documentation. I said no and sent him on his way, but apparently the door-to-door scammers have made their way north of 85th now. A quick google search of that company will show nothing but scammer reports. Be aware!

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

anotherneighbor

There's a similar thread about 12 threads down.
    *sigh*
    I think I recall something like this last year, too.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hmhamlett

We just had that lovely young man come to our door. When we said we would check into the "company" and get back to him, he ripped the literature out of our hands and stormed away. When told he would have little luck with that approach around here, he said *&#! this neigborhood! Wow...great salesmanship.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. artman51

artman51

Door-to-door sales? How 1950 retro and quaint. Obviously, this company is completely out of touch.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. MonkeyPilot

MonkeyPilot

I had yet another magazine guy come to my door last night, this time with an outfit called "PS Subscription". He made only the barest effort to explain what he was selling or doing. What is with all the magazine sales around here lately, and door-to-door no less?

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave

The only person I know who has ever bought one of these "magazine subscriptions" at his door never received any. I answer the door for neighbors, trick-or-treaters, and girl scouts (who are usually accompanied by an adult)...that's about it. :)

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.