A news blog for Seattle's Phinney Ridge and Greenwood neighborhoods

 

Fund set up to help family that escaped fire at Greenwood home on Monday

December 5th, 2013 · Comments

Friends have set up a fund to help a family that lost their home and nearly everything in it in a Greenwood fire early Monday morning. Seattle Fire Department determined the fire was caused by an overheated electrical cord.

The online fund‘s goal is to raise $10,000 for the family, whose son attends Loyal Heights Elementary in Ballard. As of this afternoon, the fund had already raised more than $2,300.

Tags: , , Uncategorized