Thousands of car lovers will pack Greenwood Avenue on Saturday for the 21st annual Greenwood Car Show. Classic, antique and modern cars from every decade will be parked along a 1-1/2-mile long stretch from North 67th to North 90th streets. (That also means the road will be closed to other cars from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., but east-west traffic can still use North 80th and 85th streets. Also, Metro Route 5 will be rerouted. Click here for alternate route information.)
Cars will start rumbling into place at 6 a.m., and the show opens to the public at 8 a.m. Live music starts at 10 a.m. Awards in various categories will be presented at 3 p.m.; the show officially ends at 4 p.m. But it will take a few more hours for all the cars to drive away.
Sponsored by the Greenwood Knights car club, the Car Show is free to attend. Car registration fees will benefit local charities.
The Greenwood Senior Center will host a pancake breakfast from 7-11 a.m. Saturday at 525 N. 85th St. Cost is $5 per person or $15 for the whole family.
Naked City Brewery & Taphouse hosts its 4th Annual Beer Can Derby in the street. The entry fee is five non-perishable food items for the Greenwood Food Bank. Naked City will give brewery prizes to the contestant or spectator who donates the most food.
The stylists from Frederick’s Beauty Salon will once again glam up in retro style to go out and collect donations and sell calendars with photos of cars from last year’s Car Show to raise money for the National MS Society.
Photo courtesy of Frederick’s Beauty Salon.
Calendars are sold year-round at Frederick’s Salon, 8524 Greenwood Ave. N.
And Volunteers of America will be collecting non-perishable food donations for the Greenwood Food Bank. Donation barrels will be in the following locations:
- Car Show check-in area — 71st & Greenwood Avenue North
- Ken’s Market — 7231 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Prost — 7311 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Greenwood Knights Car Show booth — 77th & Greenwood Avenue North
- Car Show Main Stage — 79th & Greenwood Avenue North
- Bleacher’s Pub — 8818 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Chocolati — 8319 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Green Bean — 8533 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Walgreens — 8701 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Safeway — 8704 Greenwood Ave. N.
- Greenwood Fred Meyer
- Fist Full of Metal Tattoo — 125 NW 85th St. (85th & Palatine)