The Northwest District Council meets at 7 p.m. next Wednesday, Jan. 23, at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
On the agenda:
- 2013 Neighborhood Streets Fund – The NW District Council must select three transportation improvement projects to forward to Seattle Department of Transportation for feasibility analysis. Seven projects will be presented for consideration:
- Sidewalks – NE 115th St, Eric Youngsblut and Phillip Duggan
- Sidewalks – Fremont Ave N, Jacqueline Sorgen
- Woodland Park Ave Greenway, Christian Silk
- Safety Improvements – vicinity of Viewlands Elementary , Tom Green
- Greenwood Ave North – sidewalks for transit routes, Kate Martin
- Crosstown Greenway- Carkeek Park to Northgate Transit Station, Robin Randels & Justin Martin
- BEATS – Walkway to Carkeek Park, Kari Nelson Jewitt and Carey DeMartini
- How communities can be self-sufficient following a major emergency — Many Seattle neighborhoods are developing response plans for major emergencies. Greenwood is in the first stages of developing a plan. NWDC members will hear about developing plans in Green Lake and Broadview.