The House Sports Pub taking over Pillager’s Pub space

December 3rd, 2012 · Comments

Pillager’s Pub closed on Nov. 30, and remodeling is already underway to turn it into The House Sports Pub.

The House Sports Bar plans to open in mid-December. You can follow updates on their Facebook page.

Tags: , Uncategorized

Comments

1. Duckpress says:

Hmmm. Not so enthused about another sports bar, but maybe other people are though.

2. TT says:

Dang it! I really liked that place. Does Greenwood need another sports bar? Can I hope that, like Pillagers, it’ll be family friendly?

3. Peter says:

Ugh, I was never thrilled about the whole child-themed pirate bar with the cartoon logo, but a sports bar theme is worse…. rednecks, bad 80s rock music and pull tab lotto. sigh.

Why can’t we simply have a nice cozy neighborhood pub? Naked City was the place until it got way too crowded.

4. Rosco says:

I look forward to a nice sports bar. What other sports bars, besides Bleachers is there?? And that place will give you lung cancer just driving by.

How about it being a sports bar that shows everything BUT Seahawks games? ; )

5. LexiconGrrl says:

How about another soccer bar? The few we have are always packed. Seems like a logical choice, given the neighborhood tastes.

6. Rosco says:

Yeah, I guess I forgot about the Yard being a “sports” bar. But hey, it is soccer, so that’s an understandable mistake, innit? And there’s the Angry Beaver…that poor unfortunate hockey bar that opened up during the ‘season that wasn’t’ for hockey!

7. JLW says:

the angry beaver has the same ol’ staff as the pig and whistle and it shows. i was excited for a new place, but the service is horrible and the cooking almost the same.

8. X says:

Angry Beaver personnel and food are
    Pig & Whistle personnel & food?
    Last I saw that was not the case.

9. Block Watcher says:

Does Greenwood need another tavern/bar?

10. Ken says:

What’s with people complaining about “another” sports bar? I live in greenwood and have been looking for a place to watch games other than Bleachers, where I feel very uncomfortable.

And to the person wanting a “cozy pub” and complaining about naked city being too busy.. it seems like you are asking for a pub that isn’t busy. Well, that pub isn’t going to stay in business for long, which is probably why that place does not exist.

11. Mike says:

Shortly before the facelift an employee told me it was going to be the same staff but with new ownership and a thematic remodel.