Police: Level 3 sex offender moves into neighborhood

November 19th, 2012 · Comments

Seattle Police have released information on a Level 3 registered sex offender who has moved into East Ballard, just a few blocks from Phinney Ridge/Greenwood.

Timothy Pendleton is 34 years old, white, 6-feet tall and 260 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes. His address is in the 1100 block of NW 75th Street.

His offenses include third degree rape of a child, first degree and third degree child molestation, and sexual exploitation of a minor. He is no longer under Department of Corrections supervision.

Information from the Seattle Police Crime Prevention:

Level 3 sex offenders pose the highest risk to re-offend. It is normal to feel upset, angry and worried about a registered sex offender living in your community. The Community Notification Act of 1990 requires sex offenders to register in the community where they live. The law also allows local law enforcement to make the public aware about Level 2 and Level 3 offenders. Experts believe sex offenders are less likely to re-offend if they live and work in an environment free of harassment. Any actions taken against the listed sex offender could result in arrest and prosecution as it is against the law to use this information in any way to threaten, intimidate or harass registered sex offenders. The SPD Sex offender detectives will check on these offenders every 3 months to verify our information.

The single most effective means of protecting your child is communication with your child. They have to feel comfortable discussing sensitive matters with you. Teach your children that they should not be asked to touch anyone in the bathing suit areas of their body or allow anyone to touch them in those areas. Teach them types of situations to avoid. It is not good enough to tell a child to avoid strangers. Please remember that children are most often molested by someone they or their parents know.

Tags: , Uncategorized

Comments

1. Joanna says:

How can he live so close to an elementary school?

2. JCH says:

Joanna, I wonder the same thing. However there’s already one just on the other side of Whittier Elementary, at 75th and Mary. http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1425116&AgencyID=54528

3. A says:

He has been caught twice for abusing kids, but thankfully prison cures selfishness and brutality.

4. Stupid Hippie says:

I certainly hope our community can show tolerance! It’s the tolerant thing to do.

5. GHD says:

WWHHOOOAAA!!!! Looks pretty creepy to me. Especially the additional picture.

6. What the hell? says:

How can a person do all those things and be “no longer under Department of Corrections supervision”???? Whatever happened to three strikes, you’re out? And where’s Dexter when you need him?

7. caroline says:

Third degree sex offenders are at the highest risk to re-offend. Parents, please care about your children of all ages, talk with them, and always listen carefully to what they have to say. Be alert for anything unusual.

It’s not the world we grew up in. It isn’t safe for children to roam freely around the neighborhood by themselves any more. Young children should always have a parent or caregiver with them, and older children should stay together in groups.

Predators are always on the lookout for victims, and they will go after the most vulnerable children.

All of us need to keep watch on the neighborhood, and not allow these creeps to prey on anyone’s children. Call the police and let them know what these guys are up to if you notice any suspicious behavior.

And keep your neighbors informed too, on this blog and others.

8. 82nd & Greenwood says:

He kind of looks like Whopper!!

9. jensan says:

Actually it’s the exact same world we grew up in. Only now it’s out in the open instead of being hushed up and making the child feel like it was their fault.

10. I just don’t know how they can be allowed to live so close to schools and not be monitiored.

11. i heart greenwood says:

I just don’t know how they can be allowed to live, period.

12. Lucy says:

This neighborhood is FULL of kids and he’s within a few blocks of the elementary school! This terrifies me…what should we do as a neighborhood to get him out?!

13. Tim Pendleton says:

You can do nothing to “get me out.” I am living with my father and taking care of him. I have lived in this house for over 20 years on and off. Nobody in this neighborhood has had any reason to complain about my behavior. I’m not interested in your kids. I’m not interested in Whittier elementary. I’m just trying to get back to some sense of normalcy. And to answer your question about the monitoring, i was on DOC supervision for drug distribution charges. The sex crimes were class c felonies against a girl who was a few months from being of age, and was perfectly willing to be doing what we were doing. So don’t worry about me too much. Worry about your kids and what they’re doing. If the girl who was partying with me had had parents who were vigilant and cared about what their daughter was doing, she wouldn’t have been with me in the first place. Have a nice day and tend to your own back yard instead of being an internet coward.