JB Garden opens at 105th and Greenwood

August 23rd, 2011 · Comments

JB Garden, a new Chinese restaurant serving dim sum and barbecue, opened today on the corner of North 105th Street and Greenwood Avenue North, in the spot where Fatty’s Pizzeria used to be, at 10410-A.

Owner Jim Chen says this is a great location for his first restaurant.

“The location is very good. A lot of people come through next door for the fruit” at Lenny’s Fruits and Vegetables, he said. “Here is the perfect location.”

JB Garden is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.

In other restaurant news, Tiko Riko opened right next door to JB Garden a few months ago, in the old Sunny Teriyaki space, at 10410-B. The Latin restaurant specializes in pupusas. Tiko Riko is open from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday.

Tags: , , Uncategorized

Comments

1. Hungy! says:

I tried Tiko Riko for the first time recently and can vouch for the DELICIOUS papuas. Cheap. Good. Filling.

2. hurray! says:

Tiko Riko is amazing! I’m so glad to see it getting some coverage on here. The pupusas are fantastic, but you really got to try to pollo con mole – the sauce is better than any other place I’ve tried.

Looking forward to trying JB Garden – welcome to the neighborhood

3. Georgie Pie says:

Even though I miss Fatty’s, I ate at JB Garden last night and it was AMAZING!!! I’ve been to Tiko Riko a few times already and it’s also very very very good. Both owners are nice and these are 2 good additions to the neighborhood.

4. Elle S. says:

I am looking forward to trying out the new dim sum place in the neighborhood! It’s a pity it’s not open for dinner though, because I don’t get off work until 5pm!

5. christy says:

I’d love to hear more reviews of JB’s if anyone goes. Typically I wouldn’t think a Chinese place in the north end would be good/authentic, but from the looks of it, they are catering to a Chinese customer base. That’s a good sign!

6. Rebecca R. says:

I’ve tried JB Garden couple times since they opened. Even though it’s only been around for 2 weeks, I was actually referred by my neighbor to go and try their dim sum and bakery goods (baked BBQ bun is my favorite). Their prices are so reasonable that you probably won’t find any other restaurant that can beat that! Great customer service, very friendly owner. All of their dim sums are fresh steam when you order. I thought I would never find any authentic Chinese food up in North (usually would need to drive to Chinatown to get that), until I found this place, I don’t need to drive so far to find great Chinese food! Come support this restaurant, I’m hoping it will stick around so I can find great Chinese food in my neighborhood!!!

7. Amanda says:

Haven’t tried JB Garden yet but Tiko Riko is spectacular.