Evacuated pets waiting for homes

October 23rd, 2009 · Comments

Firefighters were able to safely evacuate all 11 cats from Greenwood’s PAWS Cat City during this morning’s fire, and now they’re at PAWS’ Lynnwood shelter, awaiting a loving home. Learn how to adopt the cats here.

This lynx point Siamese cat is named Kayla. “She’s a sweet 6-year-old girl that came to us as a stray in September, with a large wound, but is now all healed up.”

And this black and white cat is Sophie. “She is a 10-year-old domestic long hair who has been at PAWS Cat City since May. She was surrendered to us when her owner died.”

We at PAWS want to thank everyone who has offered their help and expressed concern for the cats in our care. We also send our deepest sympathy to those whose lost so much today and who are waiting to get back home.

Tags: , , Uncategorized

Comments

1. StuS says:

Hooray for PAWS. The window at Cat City was the cheapest therapy possible and I hope it reopens soon!

2. Trix says:

Oh, cuties! Adopting one of these adorable 11 would be a great way to help. And get some instant karma. ;-)

3. Trix says:

Oh, and bravo to the big hearted firefighters who thought to rescue them.

4. Rebecca says:

Thank goodness the cats were saved. I hope they get adopted,;I’m sure they will!

5. elliott says:

I’m so glad to know that the kitties at PAWS were saved. They’re a great organization and I count my blessings that we were able to adopt our sweet Emmy there last year. We stopped in after seeing her playing in their window. She is such a doll and our older cat adores her. They gave us great advice in regards to helping our older cat accept a kitten. Nina is the person who worked with us. She was great!

6. Renai says:

We picked up a PAWS kitty on Saturday! They were wonderful to work with and are so happy with our new addition.