Aloha Ramen now open

June 2nd, 2009 · Comments

Karen emailed to let us know that Aloha Ramen opened on Monday in the spot formerly occupied by King Falafel at Greenwood and 81st.

As we reported back in early April, owner Lorenzo was born in Hawaii and raised in Okinawa, Japan. He has been in the restaurant business for 30 years, including a long stint as a sous chef at the Halekulani Hotel on Waikiki Beach in Oahu. He says he’ll be serving many types of ramen, as well as beef curry.

If you eat there, please let us know how it was, and what kinds of ramen and other foods they serve. We’ll try to get there soon to take a picture.

Tags: Uncategorized

Comments

1. Jeannette says:

Woot! Can’t wait!!!

2. Karen says:

We went last night. Husband had the shoyu and I had the miso. Each is $6.50, but we went for the combo which includes four gyoza/pot stickers for $8.00. The ramen included generous portions of pork.

We’ll definitely be back.

I didn’t notice any curries on the menu, but that may be because I was only looking for ramen.

A friend and I were going to go there for lunch today (because that’s how excited I am to have a ramen restaurant in the neighborhood) … and that was when I discovered that they’re open 5-10 pm and CLOSED Tuesdays. I hope by fall (when the weather is more suited to ramen), they’ll be open for lunch, too.

Service was very friendly.

3. The Boss of You says:

Yup, tried to go for lunch, not open for lunch at all, not open on Tuesdays.

4. Kenneth Ly says:

I went there yesterday and today. They have curry available but only on chef special days they have a different special everyday you just gotta ask what it is. But the Ramen is excellent i’ve tried their Miso and Shoyu Ramen all great they have excellent pot stickers and the servings are HUGE! even the mini bowel was huge and by the way the mini comes with A bowel of ramen and garlic fried rice. Highly recommended.

5. Uncle Vinny says:

How excited am I about a new ramen restaurant in Seattle? VERY EXCITED! Thanks for the info.

6. Jordan says:

*hyperventilating*

So excited to hear they’re finally open!!

Thanks for the tip and info about their hours Karen!

As a ramen connoisseur, I can’t wait to try it all!

7. Dave says:

I had shoyu ramen last night… good stuff. The owner explained that they’ll be opening for lunch hours later in the year.

8. may says:

Stopped by yesterday evening around 7pm and we were one of only 3 tables. I hope more people go and keep this business going! My husband got the shoyu ramen and I got the miso ramen. We both agreed we liked the shoyu better, but both were very good. Noodles were nice and toothy, broth not too salty, pork was so tender! We’ll be back!