« Phinney Ridge-Greenwood Restaurants

Mr. Gyros

October 10th, 2008 · Comments

Mr. Gyros (Middle Eastern)
8411 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 706-7472
www.davidmwall.com/mrgyro/

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (168 votes, average: 4.43 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

dining · Food & Drink

Comments

1. MLJ says:

There is nothing to not love about Mr. Gyros. Great food and great proprietors — a big part of what makes the neighborhood so special.

2. JPM says:

i had the chicken gyro and was underwhelmed. it was pressed/processed chicken – the bologna of greek food. kind of what you’d find in a foodcourt. i really want to like this place and will give it another shot – but at least for the chicken gyro, i’d suggest you take a pass.

3. bilsemon says:

AWESOME lamb gyros. The guys who own it are so kind and good to the ‘hood. They are awfully hard working and the place is very welcoming. My only complaint is that it’s so small, but the kitchen is always tidy and they make the most of their space.

4. Josh says:

Tried this place last week. Loved the food. Gyros sandwich. And the guys working there seem to love what they do. My fiance and I will be back for sure.

5. Ben says:

This place is the best. We love the lamb gyro and gyro plate. The guys always remember me and my usual order. Great food, fast service and friendly staff make this a great stop in Greenwood.

6. Mo says:

The guys who run this place must be from another planet because earthlings aren’t this nice. Their love comes shining through in the food.
    Thanks guys, for making the world a better place!

7. PAS915 says:

I went last night purely on the recommendations at this website. I was not disappointed. I had the falafel plate and it was all very yummy. I envision this being on heavy rotation when I don’t feel like cooking at home.

8. js says:

love this place

9. JJ says:

The food is good, and the guys who run this place are great. I can’t think of any place in the city where the owners make you feel this welcome.

10. Robynne says:

Yep, this place rocks the casbah!

11. SPOSeattle says:

Keep doing it guys, food is great!

12. kaan adil says:

This is not Arabic or Greek, this is the famous fast foot of Turkish People and This Name is Döner Kebab not gyros…. – little info -

13. Whitney says:

This is one of the best places in Seattle. The guys running Mr. Gyros are incredible. Every time we go in (maybe twice a month), they remember our order! We love the food and we love the service!

14. Shanna says:

Mr. Gyros is amazing. Everything I’ve had on the menu is awesome and the service is beyond compare. If you ever get a chance, sit down and pay attention to the fact that these guys know personal details of about 50% of their customers. “How’s your mom?” “How was your vacation” “How’s school going?” It’s amazing!!!

15. Let's Get Real says:

Sorry to correct you Mr. Adil, but the Greeks invented gyros and the Arabs shawarma long before the concept of a Turkish state was born…

That said, this place is the best! I echo the praise for these brother’s work ethic, connection with their customers and unbelievably fresh and delicious food.
    For the one who didn’t like the chicken gyros, I suggest you try the lamb gyros, which is really the only traditional meat to use for the dish. Chicken gyros was invented for Americans. Try the shawarma if you want to eat chicken – it is da bomb!

16. that guy says:

love mr gyros. the guys are super rad and even if there is a line out the door it goes pretty fast. i usually get the lamb gyro plate or the lamb gyro sandwich. i dont care where the food originated but it is awesome and i love it

17. liz says:

If you want to know how to run a business, check this out! The guys who run Mr Gyros are amazingly good at it.

18. James says:

Other businesses in the area take note: This is what it means to be a good business.

Great food and outstanding and friendly service. I look forward to chatting with the guys when I come in as much as I do their ridiculously good food. The meat is flavorful, the produce is fresh and top notch…The only truly world-class establishment in the neighborhood, IMO.

19. Newmy says:

One of the best places for Gyros. Oddly, my takeout plate with the rice had noodles in it. Very odd.

20. Packy says:

The most amazing tasty Middle Eastern food. Love those gyros!!! My only complaint is they don’t answer the phone – cause they are too busy. Cmon guys – get that phone!!

21. Steve says:

tack-sharp, friendly, warm, and fine fellas serving perfect yummies for an amazingly good price.
    I think of calling in orders, but it’s so nice to see happy humans while waiting for my order.

22. CutTheString says:

I can only echo what others have said, they are the nicest freaking people you’ll ever meet. Went in for the first time last week and was welcomed like an old regular.
    Food is undoubtedly good, but the friendly service is what ensures I’ll be back again and again!

23. KP says:

The guys at Mr. Gyro do everything right. Very friendly, fast service, delicious food. Best hummus in town. Fantastic lamb kabob plate. Other small businesses could learn something from these guys.

24. Let's Get Real says:

NewMy
    Its not odd that the rice had noodles in it – its customary in Middle Eastern Pilaf to start with a small amount of browned vermicelli. Its part of what makes it so tasty and unique. Enjoy!

25. codeblue says:

Really impressed and pleased with this place! First time there was a couple weeks ago. Great service, guys are really friendly and super fast. It’s small, not much space to sit and eat but that’s ok. Food is great and fresh. Worth it for sure!

26. Rob says:

Love this place. Was worried when they opened the new shop in Ballard that our local Greenwood Mr. Gyros would suffer. IT HASN’T it’s still same good food and service.

27. Brad says:

Oh wow! I love this place & these guys who own & operate it!

28. Amy says:

Tried this place for the first time this past Monday. I had the gyro plate and it was really incredible. Even better were the people! Friendly atmosphere and delicious food. How can it get any better?

29. LuckyDog says:

The people here are very friendly. The felafel is mediocre. For me, it’s not worth going back to.

30. Juan says:

Tthe food is fresh, tasty and you can watch them make it infront you; however, their service alone is worth coming back for. There aren’t many places like this–highly recommend it.