« Phinney Ridge-Greenwood Restaurants

Gorditos

September 19th, 2008 · Comments

Gorditos (Mexican)
213 N 85th St. (map)
(206) 706-9352

CitySearch: “Huge portions of hot food at bargain prices. The restaurant also eliminates a lot of fat by leaving the lard out of beans and grilling…”

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (98 votes, average: 3.79 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

dining · Food & Drink

Comments

1. Noah says:

I loves me some Gorditos. A super can easily feed 2 adults, and you might still have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Their house salsa is mighty tasty too.

2. Bree says:

Local favorite. It’s like Cheers–they know you by name. Delicious, cheap, and healthy (for Mexican food), with ENORMOUS portions (their tagline is “burritos as big as a baby,” and they’re not kidding). I especially love the prawn quesadilla and their watermelon agua fresca (fresh juice) in summer. The music is a little loud, but it’s my go-to place in the hood.

3. Squirrel Girl says:

Good burritos, GREAT salsa. Yum! Lots of food for not much money. What’s not to like?

4. Paul M says:

Have been feasting on the killer fish burritos for about ten years now and have never had a bad one. Shannon has sure grown up these days….

5. a says:

What?! I can’t hear you!! What? Turn the damn music down!! It’s hurting my toenails it’s so unbelievably loud!

It doesn’t make you cool. It makes you a terrible restaurant that is no fun to be in.

Oh, your disgusting food doesn’t help either, even if there is a lot of it.

6. snoopy says:

Rice is bland, beans are bland, salsa is bland, everything is covered in cheese to try and hide that it is bland. I picked out the chicken as it was the only thing worth eating in the 5 pounds of slop they called a burrito. Stick with the taco trucks.

7. nada mas says:

Tried to go for lunch the other day. All of the tables were absolutely disgusting, the floors were filthy beyond belief and the flies!!! Show some pride in your restaurant and keep it clean. Diners don’t want to eat in filth!!!! If the dining room is dirty wonder what the kitchen looks like? We left didn’t eat there.

8. Peter says:

I always want to take a shower after eating here. One of those places that you can’t believe passes the health inspections. They always play crappy music way too loud. Only good if you want to stuff yourself for cheap. There is nothing healthy about this place.

9. Newmy says:

Enormous portions. Not exactly sure where people get the idea that this is healthy food. For sodium sensitive people, this is a place to avoid.

10. Wyeth says:

Most over-rated restaurant in town, and as noted earlier anything but healthy. Noteworthy simply for the quantity of food you get. Were I still a starving student I’d love it but anyone with a job can afford much better. Don’t get me wrong, the quote attributed to Joe Stalin about quantity having a quality all its own is one of my favorites, but aside from their chipotle salsa most of the food coming out of this place is pretty awful.

11. Phinneyman says:

I ate here a few times when I moved to Seattle and was unimpressed. The burritos are huge, yes. But is that healthy? And the burritos were consistently way too salty. Those with HBP should exercise caution. In my opinionthe food is not healthy and is not significantly different from any fast food joint: many calories, high in salt. I won’t return any time soon.

12. Josh says:

Gorditos is excellent. Shocked to read all the whining. Food is delicious. Great service. Try the horchata. A great place for a date with your wife.

13. John says:

@ nada mas – If you went into the restaurant far enough to assess the cleanliness of the dining room, then you should have been able to assess the kitchen as well…ya know, ’cause its in the open right as you enter.

14. Christo says:

If you like really salty mexican food, this is the perfect place to eat!

15. Xythen says:

Really disappointing. The steak burrito, fajita style that I ordered just tasted like someone poured some rice and bland chili into a flour tortilla. It wasn’t “I’m being poisoned” awful, just boring. Large portions doesn’t make something good or noteworthy. I’ll stick to the taco trucks for some real flavor.